Seminar Project: My Opinion

Book Title: Crispin and the Cross of Lead

Book Author: Avi

Number Of Pages: 310

Protagonist: Crispin

Summary: Crispin, a 13 year old boy who lives in England during the Middle Ages, has just lost his mother, and is now an orphan. Worse, when he fled from his village, he was proclaimed a wolf’s head for a crime he is innocent of. In his search to find freedom, he comes across a man named Bear, who forces Crispin to be his servant, but later takes that back and makes him his apprentice.  On his journey, he learns many things about himself and others, and he even learns how to play music. Alongside Bear, Crispin travels to Great Wexly, where he encounters Aycliffe and finds out that Lord Furnival has died. After weeks and weeks of being chased into many different traps and tricks, he  finally finds out who his father is.

Visual Element: I chose this picture as the visual element because it really describes the book. This picture is a world jumble of most of the keywords in the book, including Crispin’s name, Bear’s name, Avi (the author) and some of the places Crispin travels in the book. I chose this because it describes the book in one simple picture. I also chose this because it was the only picture that came up besides the cover.(:

Rating for the novel: I rate this book a 2 on a scale from 1 to 5. The book is okay in itself, but I can’t really understand what’s going on half the time. The storyline is good most of the time, but there are spots where it’s so boring I fall asleep reading it. Some people really like the book, but I find it dull and hard to understand.